Wednesday 20 June 2012


My first hairdresser review.

Ok, so I’ve had 3 haircuts in 2 weeks. Certainly not by choice let me tell you!

Hairdresser number one was The Brown Hare in Surrey Hills Melbourne.

I was looking forward to having a semi permanent colour and cut as I hadn’t  had a haircut for quite some time. The reason for this is that I’ve become quite scissor phobic in the last few years!  

My hair’s quite thick with a natural wave and it sits well when it’s long (past my shoulders)  with long layers. This is exactly what I asked for.  Instead I got a cut that was not very noticeable and not finished off, shaped or thinned out.  
I don’t like too much thinning but certainly some is necessary on my hair.  I remember years ago after a blow dry was complete, a hairdresser would finish off the hairstyle by chipping into it or slightly feathering around the face which always made my hair look great. I haven’t had this done for probably over 10 years!  
When I asked this particular hairdresser if she was going to thin it out she said “I already did.” Mmmm, ok.

The semi permanent colour was ok although left on for about 45 minutes. It was a rich chocolate colour which left a bit of a stain that eventually went away.

I was disappointed with this experience because I felt that not much effort was put in. What I requested was a basic cut with long feminine layers, nothing outrageous or difficult and time consuming. 

There is a positive though. A  cafĂ© next door that does great coffee and the most delicious tandoori chicken focaccia I’ve ever had!  There’s nothing like the comfort found in food when all else goes pear shaped!

I’ll let you know about my second haircut which i had that same week on my next post….the lopsided one!

Feel free to share any of your experiences.

A x










No comments:

Post a Comment